Communications Officer – RE-Source Platform
Established by SolarPower Europe, WindEurope, RE100 (led by The Climate Group in partnership with CDP) and WBCSD, the RE-Source Platform is a multi-stakeholder alliance in Europe bringing together the interests of clean energy investors, buyers and suppliers. This Platform pools resources and coordinates activities to promote a better framework for corporate renewable energy sourcing at EU and national level.
A new grant from Google.org, covering the next two years, aims to make renewable energy purchasing information, research, and tools publicly available, and to raise awareness of these tools and the broader benefits of renewable energy. It is in this context that the RE-Source Platform is looking for an experienced full-time Communications Officer to develop and disseminate the recently launched Renewable Energy Buyers Toolkit.
Reporting to the RE-Source Platform Coordinator, the Communications Officer will:
- Assist with all activities related to the grant funding and implement the two-year project and communications plan including:
- Identification and targeting of clean energy buyers (private and public sector);
- Design and develop the toolkit, including new content, partners, translations;
- Develop and implement awareness raising and communications campaigns;
- Support with the establishment of National RE-Source Hubs in various Member States.
- Monitor market and policy development and write news items and contents for the website and social median channels. Plan and publish regular newsletters;
- Regularly update the website, proofread and edit materials, check content for accuracy, monitor the website using Google Analytics;
- Administrate the social media channels of the RE-Source platform by producing creative and attractive content;
- Assist relations with the grant funder(s), founding associations, partners, clean energy buyers, national and sector associations, EU policy makers and marketing and communication experts;
- Support meeting and event organisations for the annual RE-Source Event, workshops in different member states, trainings and webinars including dissemination, registration, logistics, feedback collection.
Competencies and qualifications needed for this position include:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in project management, marketing and communications, energy, international relations or a related field;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in communications, ideally with experience coordinating pan-European dissemination projects with multiple partners and building relationships, especially with corporates;
- Knowledge of renewable energy, corporate energy sourcing and / or energy purchasing a plus;
- Experience with website maintenance, familiar with WordPress CMS is desirable;
- Experience with social media and creating digital contents;
- Experience interacting with a range of stakeholders is essential;
- Excellent personal presentation;
- Strong analytical and writing skills;
- Sound diplomatic judgement, good inter-personal skills and networking ability;
- Perfect command of English (written and spoken) required. Command of one or more other language of Europe is an added value;
- Sound organisational skills and strong attention to detail;
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and able to work well under deadlines; and
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
The RE-Source Platform offers
- Initial 18 month contract with possibility of extension;
- Remuneration package, which includes lunch vouchers, DKV hospital and dental insurance, contribution to public transportation for commute to work and representation costs;
- Occasional travel within Europe; and
- An exciting international environment located in the heart of Brussels.
Download this job offer in PDF format
Please submit your CV (Name_Surname – RE-Source – CV) and motivation letter (Name_Surname – RE-Source – ML) demonstrating your motivation and qualifications according to the job description to: [email protected] by 20 March 2020. Please indicate “RE-Source Communications” in the subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidates may be contacted for an interview.
For further information on RE-Source Platform, please visit http://resource-platform.eu/
Current job openings for the RE-Source Platform
Deadline to apply by: 20 March 2020[email protected] by 20 March 2020. Please indicate “RE-Source Communications” in the subject line.