We are hiring: Communications and Policy Officer
RE-Source Platform, Communications and Policy Officer
RE-Source Platform Mission
RE-Source Platform represents a committed group of corporate renewable energy buyers and energy suppliers driving forward corporate renewable energy sourcing in Europe. Our mission is to make it easier for companies to use more renewable energy. We do this through developing tools for corporate energy buyers, organising events, and advocacy.
Founded by Wind Europe, SolarPower Europe, Climate Group and World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD), and steered by a committed group of corporate energy buyers and developers, the platform facilitates cooperation and communication between renewable energy buyers and suppliers. Together, we realise the full potential of renewable electricity sourcing in Europe.
Purpose of the position
The role of the Communications and Policy Officer is to support the development of impactful communications and advocacy campaigns to amplify RE-Source’s activities and proactively raise the Platform’s visibility among our key target audiences: energy buyers and policymakers. This role is perfect for someone with some comms experience, and who wants to take this to the next level through ownership of developing impactful campaigns and content with the support of the Platform’s Director and Senior Communications Manager.
- Can do attitude: Ability to work as part of a dynamic, international team, and take ownership of your tasks; openness to learn and grow.
- Organisational skills: Readiness to deliver a project from start to end, manage own time, and work efficiently.
- Purpose driven: Strong interest in the renewable energy sector and the desire to contribute to advancing the energy transition and make a difference through impactful communications.
- Experience: minimum 2 years of solid experience in a relevant role in communications, public affairs, marketing, journalism, or campaigning.
- Written communication skills: Exceptional written English; experience with drafting newsletters or external written communications.
- Social media management: Good understanding of crafting impactful social media posts and campaigns and proven experience in social media management.
- Design and visual communications: Ability to work with Microsoft Office; web-based software (website management/CRM), WordPress experience desirable; and programmes such as InDesign, Canva, Photoshop, Adobe or equivalent also desirable.
- Lobbying awareness: Some knowledge of the EU institutions and their political decision-making process; and an understanding of how communications can enhance advocacy.
Assisting the team in executing communications and advocacy campaigns, including:
- Drafting blog and social media posts, and generating ideas for relevant content to enhance RE-Source visibility and digital presence;
- Leading the planning of webinars and supporting events organisation;
- Supporting marketing and communications efforts for the annual RE-Source event;
- Design and producing multimedia elements such as images, animations, interactive presentations or infographics;
- Supporting video filming logistics;
- Supporting advocacy efforts, such as organising meetings with policymakers and drafting policy communication materials or stakeholder mappings; and
- Ad hoc support of Platform projects.
The RE-Source Platform offers
- A competitive remuneration package, which includes lunch vouchers, DKV hospital and dentalinsurance, contribution to public transportation for commute to work and representation costs;
- Opportunities to develop skills and knowledge of the fast-moving renewable energy sector;
- Flexible working (hybrid);
- Occasional travel within Europe; and
- An exciting international environment located in the heart of Brussels.
The contract will initially be 6 months, with likely renewal based on performance.
How to Apply
Please send your applications addressed to Nuno Bacharel, Senior Communications Manager, via [email protected].
- CV (2-pages maximum)
- 300-word statement explaining why you are the right person for this role
- 1-2 writing samples, ideally published online
- Any other examples your communications experience (social media campaigns etc) are also welcome.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis as we receive applications. The final deadline is 26th February.
In addition to maximum 2 interviews, candidates will also complete a short written task.
RE-Source Platform represents a committed group of corporate renewable energy buyers and energy suppliers driving forward corporate renewable energy sourcing in Europe. Our mission is to make it easier for companies to use more renewable energy.